Online Application

FAQ > What should I do if I was notified that my ITIN will expire?

If you have not filed a tax return at least once during the last three year period, your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) will expire. The IRS mails a notice before an ITIN is due to inform you that it is time for a renewal. When you receive one of these notices, you may ask yourself, 'What do I need to get a renewed ITIN number?'

The IRS W-7 application form is used to renew your ITIN or to prevent it from expiring. Form W-7 and submit it along with proof of your identity and your foreign status (such as a valid passport).

How will my ITIN Renewal allow me to do?

An ITIN does not establish eligibility for obtaining a Social Security Number (SSN) or U.S. citizenship. Before starting or resuming work, you must also file a W4 federal income tax withholding report with your employer. This is where you provide your ITIN, marital status and number of dependents. Your employer withholds taxes from your earnings and reports the amount to the IRS using your ITIN. When filing a tax return, you need your ITIN to get a refund. To receive all allowed deductions and refunds, however, your spouse and dependents must also have a valid ITIN.

If you are renewing your ITIN, you are also authorized to apply for an ITIN for family members, but proof of your identity and status is required.

What your dependent children can use for ITIN document certification:

  • medical records for dependents under 6 years of age
  • SCHOOL RECORDS for all dependents under the age of 18.

For dependents over the age of 18, at least one of the following is required:

  • Apartment or House declaration with applicant's name and U.S. address
  • Utility account with applicant's name and U.S. address
  • Current statement showing applicant's name and U.S. address
  • WE, school records or transcripts

enewal and First-Time Applications Guaranteed!

ITIN W-7 Application simplifies the ITIN renewal application process and for the first time. We will help you apply correctly with the necessary ITIN documents so that you can receive all allowable tax credits and refunds.


We use our own and third-party cookies to improve the browsing experience and offer interesting content and advertising. By using our website, you accept our Cookie Policy. Learn more I agree